- One completed original visa application form per applicant.
- Applicant's passport:
Passport must be valid for at least six months past intended date of entry. There should be at least six unmarked pages remaining.
- U.S. Permanent residents need to send a photocopy of the front and back of their green card.
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- A letter stating the reason for the visit (business travelers also need a letter of invitation from the company in Brunei).
- A copy of the itinerary and flight schedule.
- Visa fee US$20.00 for single entry visa ($30.00 for multiple entry visa) (Payment in cash, money order or company check. Visa fee is non-refundable.)
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate is required for visitors over one year of age coming from infected areas.
- Visa issued is valid for up to three months only.
- The application process will normally take SEVEN working days. Applications that may need to be forwarded to Brunei can take at least one month to process.
- Applications can either be presented to the Embassy in person or by a representative, or sent by mail. Applications by mail must be sent in certified or overnight self-addressed prepaid return envelope. Applicants are solely responsible for the safety of their passports that are sent by mail.
- For those visiting Brunei Darussalam for employment purposes, a visa will not be granted without a valid work permit issued by the Labor Department in Brunei Darussalam. Visitors are not allowed to engage in full/part-time work without permission from the Director of Immigration.
Note: The above regulations may be subject to change without prior notice.
VISA APPLICATIONS FOR VISITORS TO BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
DOWNLOAD FORM (The Visa Application Form is in ".PDF" format, you will need "Adobe - Acrobat Reader" to view and print out this form.)
All foreign nationals entering Brunei Darussalam must have visas obtainable from any Brunei Darussalam diplomatic mission abroad, except the following countries with whom Brunei Darussalam has visa arrangements.
Countries which have Visa-free arrangements with Brunei Darussalam :-
Jasra Harrisons Shipping & Agency Services Sdn. Bhd.
Lot1 100, Junction of Jln Mc Arthur/Jln Kianggeh BS8711/BS8111
Bandar Seri Begawan BS8674
Visa issuance for passport holder below will have to get approval first and it will take minimum of 3 months to get it approved.
6 Islamic Republic of Iran
7 Islamic Republic of Pakistan
14 Russian Federation
17 The Democratic Peopleâs Republic of Korea
Requirements for approval:-
1. Visa applicant form
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy if ID
4. One recent passport photo
5. Tentative itinerary
6. Explanatory letter of the purpose of the visit
Document can be mail/submit to the Embassy or email at INFO@bruneiembassy.org , attention to Consular Officer
Embassy will inform applicant when the approval is granted and please refer to âREQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A VISAâ for further steps to obtain the visa.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A VISA
CRUISE SHIP PASSENGER VISA APPLICATIONS
For all cruise ship passengers that require a visa to enter Brunei, a visa on arrival letter can be obtained in advance from Jasra Harrisons Shipping & Agency Services Sdn. Bhd. before the vessel arrives at Muara Port, Brunei Darussalam.
Approval of applications for a visa on arrival to enter Brunei will take between 12 - 14 working days.
However, it should be noted passengers that an APPLICATION FOR VISA DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPROVED.
To process your visa application, all persons entering Brunei Darussalam must possess valid passports or travel documents recognized by the Government of Brunei Darussalam. The passport must have a validity of six months before expiry when entering the country.
A granted Visa on Arrival letter will be valid for 90 days.
Visa fee per passport is BND20.00 (USD18.00). Payment will be directly billed to the passenger through the cruise company.
Please scan the documents required for visa application:
1) Clear copy of Passport
2) Photograph Passport Size